Hello Everybody!

These Reusable Coffee Cup Sleeves are another project that I've been dying to make! Such a fantastic stocking stuffer and an amazing way to use up some of your scrap fabric. OR you could also pick up some fat quarters at your local craft store. I had some plaid pieces left over from sewing up some Christmas Stockings and cutting the plaid on an angle gives such a nice effect!

This sleeve will fit almost any size of coffee cup because of the elastic button loop.

Remember when printing off the template to set your print settings to ACTUAL SIZE or the template will print off too small.

I hope you really enjoy this tutorial and happy sewing!

Melanie

Tools
  • Sewing Machine
  • Scissors
  • Iron
  • Printer
  • Hand Sewing Needle

Using your pattern, cut out the following pieces from your fabric:
1 piece of your main fabric
1 piece from your lining fabric
2 pieces of fusible interfacing
Fuse your interfacing to the wrong side of your pieces.
Attach your elastic to the side of main fabric piece with the notch and secure with a few machine stitches.  Make sure your stitching is within the 1/4" seam allowance.
Placing right sides together and using 1/4" seam allowance, stitch around your sleeve leaving a 2" opening.
Trim your corners and turn on the right side. Press everything really well.
Topstitch around your entire sleeve. This will close up your opening and helps keep every neat and tidy!
Secure the button in the middle on your sleeve with a few secure stitches.

Comments

03/02/2016 2:15am

I'm just writing to make you be aware of of the really good experience our child went through reading your webblog. She learned too many details, most notably how it is like to possess a wonderful coaching style to let the others with no trouble learn some problematic topics. You actually did more than people's desires. Many thanks for offering those productive, dependable, revealing and unique thoughts on the topic to Mary.

After seeing this, I now realize that small pieces of cloth can be turned into coffee cup sleeve. While I'm typing this comment, I am also thinking what design of coffee cup sleeve should I make. I am now inspired to make lots of these to share with my officemates. Thank you for this amazing tutorial. I've learned a lot of DIYs tutorials from this site.

03/05/2016 11:50am

I'll right away grab your rss as I can't in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me realize in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

03/29/2016 1:05pm

In my mind, a coffee shop has to be one of the greatest businesses to own and operate, just because of how good people feel when they're in their favorite coffee shop. You make some wonderful friends, and the environment is often upbeat and inviting... just the kind of place people want to be. Get more high light about Coffee Shops, by go to mooringsoncavill.com.au website.

01/24/2017 8:29am

Early in the 1990's there was a real craze with Dave Matthews Band concert tickets. They are still among the most admired and popular bands in the nation that always offers a traditional touch of soft rock in their tunes.

01/26/2017 9:42am

Disposable cup is very light weight and it changed in all temperature. Here we can read the tips and suggestion for make the cover of coffee cups. It is very easy and after the some step we cam make it in some time.

02/07/2017 3:58am

According to above images, it's seems like you are crazy about coffee, and i'm too, and there are lot's of peoples, who really like to have a cup of coffee in the regular routine.

02/25/2017 8:16am

A lot of people are running but not losing belly fat. They may even be losing weight but the pooch belly remains. Very few people are aware that running is not the best exercise to lose belly fat.

02/26/2017 3:14am

High-technical grinders will always be the convenient choice. So why does an antique coffee grinder always win out against a modern machine? First of all, this old fashioned grinder is hard to find.